Those grooves on your tires are there to help your car stay on the road (rather than sliding around).
Within reason, deeper groove = less sliding
Winter driving calls for deeper grooves than any other time of the year and us Buffalonians get plenty of winter driving!
You need to make sure your tires will do their job!
Wanna check them yourself? Easy!
1) Take a penny (yes, those little coins with Abe Lincoln on them)
2) Turn it so you are looking at the back
3) Hold it by the words “ONE CENT”
4) Put the penny into one of your grooves
5) At LEAST the top part of the Lincoln Memorial should disappear into the groove
6) If not, you should really think about getting new tires before winter….